This is probably the fastest and easiest recipes we fix that doesn’t include DoorDash. Egg Roll in a Bowl can be ready in about 15 min. It can also be a great lunch the next day, if you have leftovers – we typically don’t have any left!
I love that only 1 skillet and a cutting board is needed. I can make this dish faster than deciding on a restaurant and ordering from DoorDash or even a trip to a favorite fast food restaurant.
Easy one dish clean-up is a bonus!
How to make Egg Roll in a Bowl
Once I start the ground beef in the skillet, I gather the rest of the ingredients.
I chop the green onions next.
I usually use ground beef, but you can use ground turkey or ground pork.
I usually cook with a leaner meat, so draining the fat isn’t necessary. However, if you’ve used a higher fat content meat, you’ll probably need to drain the meat before moving to the next step.
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 14 oz Cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce low-sodium
- 1 tsp Ginger ground
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Green onions chopped
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked thoroughly.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage, soy sauce and ginger. Adding a little water (about ¼ cup) will help the cabbage to steam cook. Cover the skillet for a couple of minutes until the cabbage has softened and cooked down a bit.
- Create a well in the pan. Add the eggs to the center of the pan and scramble until cooked.
- Mix the cooked eggs with the rest of the ingredients. Remove from the heat.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and sriracha. Sprinkle green onions on top. Serve.