I’m all about the Brussel Sprouts these days. Long gone are the little soggy, mushy mini cabbages of my childhood. I have discovered the adult tastes of veggies..roasted and sautéed. It’s really no wonder so many kids hate vegetables. No worries, after you bribe them to give this Sweet Potato Brussel Sprout Hash a try, they’ll be asking for it every week!
I’m loving the rich flavors in this hash recipe, and the macros make it a great dish for a low carb, but filling meal.
I love how easy it is to sub in other ingredients depending on what’s on hand or what we are in the mood for. Whether it’s sweet potatoes, white potatoes, bacon, sausage, turkey bacon, red onions or sweet onions – it’s a recipe that is really versatile.
No matter how you decide to personalize this recipe, I’m confident you’ll keep this Sweet Potato Brussel Sprout Hash recipe close by for frequent use.
How to substitute foods in the sweet potato Brussel Sprout hash Recipe
I’ve made this with both sweet potatoes and regular potatoes which are equally delicious and either are considered healthy.
While I haven’t tried this yet, I believe you could even use ground turkey or ground beef in this as well as any of the traditional breakfast meats.
Using (Amazon link) one large skillet like this one, you can easily make this entire dinner in one dish for easy clean-up.
Sweet Potato Brussel Sprout Hash
- 6 slices Bacon cut into bite sized pieces
- ¾ cup Red onion diced
- 1 medium Sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 cups Brussel Sprouts sliced thin
- 4 Eggs
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until done. Remove and place on a paper towel.
- Add onion and sweet potato, stirring every couple of minutes for the next 8 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, Brussel Sprouts and stir. Cover and cook for about 2 min or until they begin to soften.
- Remove cover and continue to cook until Brussel Sprouts have browned and carmelized with the onions.
- Create a well in the center of the skillet. Add the eggs and stir until cooked. Add bacon back into hash. Mix everything together well. Serve and enjoy!