This is probably the fastest and easiest recipes we make regularly that doesn’t include DoorDash. Egg Roll in a Bowl can be ready in about 15 min. It can also be a great lunch the next day, if you have leftovers – we typically don’t have any left!
I love that only 1 skillet and a cutting board is needed. It’s great for the evenings when time is short, or if you just aren’t in the mood to cook – which is often my own situation.
This low carb dish works great for the keto diet or anyone wanting to reduce carbs.
What’s in an Egg Roll in a Bowl
Get all of the ingredients together and ready since this cooks so quickly. Minced garlic, ginger, sesame oil, eggs, cabbage, green onions, soy sauce, srirachi sauce, and ground beef.
Once I start browning the ground beef, I will shred the cabbage (unless I have purchased the pre-shredded, bagged, cole slaw cabbage) and chop the onions.
I usually use ground beef, but you can use ground turkey or ground pork.
I usually cook with a leaner meat, so draining the fat isn’t necessary. However, if you’ve used a higher fat content meat, you’ll probably need to drain the meat before moving to the next step.
Once the meat is browned, you will add in the garlic, soy sauce, ginger and cabbage.
Once the cabbage is slightly wilted, you’ll want to create a well in the center of the mixture for the eggs. Stir the eggs within the well until cooked, then mix together with the rest of the dish.
Next, drizzle with sesame oil and sriracha, top with chopped green onions.
Enjoy your egg roll in a bowl!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 14 oz Cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce low-sodium
- 1 tsp Ginger ground
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Green onions chopped
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked thoroughly.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage, soy sauce and ginger. Adding a little water (about ¼ cup) will help the cabbage to steam cook. Cover the skillet for a couple of minutes until the cabbage has softened and cooked down a bit.
- Create a well in the pan. Add the eggs to the center of the pan and scramble until cooked.
- Mix the cooked eggs with the rest of the ingredients. Remove from the heat.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and sriracha. Sprinkle green onions on top. Serve.