Cajun and garlic stuffed chicken is not just a dish; it’s a delightful journey into the heart of comfort food with a keto-friendly twist.
Imagine sitting down to a dinner that’s both comforting and aligned with your health goals. Whether it’s a cozy family dinner, a special occasion, or you’re just looking to spice up your meal prep routine, this dish brings a burst of flavor and texture that’s hard to resist. The combination of roasted garlic and Cajun seasoning, mixed with the tender juiciness of chicken, creates a symphony of flavors.
And the best part? It’s stuffed with a trio of diced bella mushrooms, broccoli, and cheddar jack cheese, turning each bite into a surprise of creamy, cheesy goodness.
Cajun + Garlic Stuffed Chicken
A keto-friendly delight that brings comfort and flavor to your table in a healthy, satisfying way.
- Chicken breasts, to create a pocket
- Olive oil for rubbing
- 1 tbsp McCormick Spice roasted garlic & Cajun seasoning
- Diced bella mushrooms
- Cheddar jack cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Carefully slice each chicken breast down the side to create a pocket, ensuring not to cut all the way through.
- Rub each chicken breast with olive oil, then sprinkle evenly with the roasted garlic and Cajun seasoning.
- Stuff the pockets of the chicken breasts with diced bella mushrooms, broccoli, and cheddar jack cheese.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts on a baking sheet and cover them with aluminum foil to retain moisture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Optionally, after baking, add a little more cheese on top for extra meltiness.
- For a crispy finish, transfer the chicken breasts to an air fryer and cook at 320°F (160°C) for 5 minutes.
Breakdown of Ingredients and Average Carb Content
- Chicken breasts: 0g carbs
- Olive oil: 0g carbs
- 1 tbsp McCormick Spice Roasted Garlic & Cajun Seasoning: ~1g carbs
- Diced bella mushrooms (1/2 cup): 2g carbs
- Broccoli (1/2 cup): 2g carbs
- Cheddar jack cheese (1/4 cup): 1g carbs
Total Carb Content for the Recipe: ~6g per serving
Indulging in a dish like Cajun and garlic stuffed chicken shows that keto dining doesn’t mean sacrificing flavor or satisfaction. It’s about making smart, delicious choices that cater to both your taste buds and your health. So, go ahead, prepare this dish, and savor every bite, knowing you’re treating yourself to something truly special and nourishing.
Recipe & image by @thetastebunny