This microwave Rocky Road Fudge can be made in just minutes with only 5 simple ingredients. It uses a delicious combination of rich chocolate chips, crunchy almonds and fluffy marshmallows.
Once you see how quick and easy it is to make, you’ll never want to make homemade fudge any other way.
Easy Rocky Road Fudge
Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without making a big batch of fudge. Smooth chocolate fudge is studded with crunchy almonds and chewy marshmallows that peaks out from the top of the fudge, giving it that classic Rocky Road texture that’s always a crowd pleaser.
Unlike traditional old-fashioned fudge recipes, you won’t need a candy thermometer or any other special equipment. This decadent fudge recipe cooks the easy way…right in the microwave! And the best part? It tastes even BETTER than the old fashion stove-top version.
I slice this fudge into small 1-inch squares, because I find it easy to only eat a small amount that way. But you can serve it in any size or shape pieces you like. You can even serve it block style, like you see at candy stores, and allow guests to cut their own.
Ingredients in Rocky Road Fudge Recipe
- 2 C Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 -14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ C chopped almonds
How to Make this Easy Rocky Road Fudge Recipe
Start by lining a 9-inch baking pan with wax paper. Spray the wax paper with non-stick cooking spray.
Microwave chocolate chips and evaporated milk in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir. Continue to microwave in 15-second intervals, until all melted chocolate is smooth.
Stir in vanilla extract.
Fold in marshmallows and almonds.
Pour chocolate mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer and refrigerate until the fudge sets (usually takes a couple of hours).
Lift fudge out of dish and using a sharp knife, cut in small squares. And that is it! Your homemade fudge is ready to serve and ENJOY!
The first time I shared this recipe was on this page’s sister site, yourmidlifemadness.com (no longer around). It got RAVE reviews so I wanted to share it here as well.
Now, keep in mind, I know this is strictly a cheat type treat that should only be eaten in moderation. But I am all about keeping things in perspective. During Christmas or special occasions, I’ll indulge a little with a few of my favorite treats. By cutting them into smaller pieces, I can enjoy a small portion without going over board.
How Long Can You Store Homemade Fudge? Can I Freeze This Fudge?
The best way to store sliced fudge is in an airtight container, separating the layers with wax paper or parchment paper.
It’s one of the easiest treats ever to freeze too. Make a batch or two in advance for those times when you run out of time and need a last-minute dessert. For best results, freeze this fudge in block form and wrap in a plastic wrap. Then place in a Ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, place the fudge in the fridge overnight and it will be ready to slice.
What Kind of Nut is in Rocky Road?
The original recipe calls for salty peanuts. However, almonds, as in this recipe, or walnuts, and pecans will all work equally as well.
Tips for Making the Best Rocky Road Fudge:
- Chocolate Chips: It is so important to use quality chocolate chips. It’s the primary ingredient so use a good brand you’ve tried and enjoy.
- Freeze the marshmallows: Sometimes the fudge mixture is so hot, it will melt the marshmallows. While that is perfectly okay, if you prefer for them to keep their shape, stick them in the freezer for about an hour before adding them to the hot mixture.
- Line the pan: Save yourself the heartache of having to dig the fudge out of the pan. By lining the pan with foil or parchment paper, the fudge will lift out easily when it has cooled.
- Allow the fudge to set: You’ll want to get clean and pretty edges when you slice your fudge. Allow the fudge to cool in the fridge until it has completely set.
- Add-ins: Have fun and make this fudge your own variation. Broken pretzel pieces, M&Ms, caramel candies, even crushed peppermint are delicious options to try.
Want More Sweet Treat Ideas:
After the holidays, you may want to get back on track with you diet goals. That doesn’t mean you have to miss out on sweet treats. Here are some healthy favorites, you may want to try:
- Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
- Easy Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Bread Muffins
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Muffins
- Gluten Free Apple Crisp
Rocky Road Fudge
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1½ cups almonds chopped
- Start by lining a 9-inch baking pan with wax paper. Spray the wax paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- Microwave chocolate chips and evaporated milk in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir. Continue to microwave in 15-second intervals, until all melted chocolate is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Fold in marshmallows and almonds.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer and refrigerate until the fudge sets (usually takes a couple of hours).
- Lift fudge out of dish and using a sharp knife, cut in small squares. And that is it! Your homemade fudge is ready to serve and ENJOY!
Download the 30 Day Walking Plan
Start losing weight today with this walking cardio plan!