Imagine a cozy evening with a plate of sizzling steak and succulent shrimp, all tied together with a rich, creamy sauce that’s bursting with flavor. That’s exactly what you get with our Keto Cajun Surf and Turf recipe. This dish isn’t just a meal; it’s a celebration of bold flavors and keto-friendly ingredients that will make your taste buds dance. Perfect for a special occasion, a romantic dinner, or any time you want to treat yourself without straying from your dietary goals, this recipe brings the best of the sea and land right to your plate.
Keto Cajun Surf and Turf
This Keto Cajun Surf and Turf is a symphony of flavors that will make your keto journey unforgettable.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound steak (such as strip loin, rib eye, etc.)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Season steaks with salt and pepper to taste and let sit out for 20 minutes prior to cooking.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the steaks and sear until lightly browned on both sides and cooked to the desired level of doneness, before setting aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the butter and let it melt before adding the shrimp. Cook until just pink on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side, and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for about a minute.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom.
- Stir in the cream and cajun seasoning, bring to a boil, and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the cheese until it melts into the sauce.
- Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, and shrimp. Serve over the steaks.
Breakdown of Ingredients and Average Carb Content
Let’s look at the carb content of our key ingredients to see how this dish fits into a keto diet:
- Steak: 0g carbs; it’s all protein and fat.
- Shrimp: Minimal carbs, mostly protein.
- Heavy Cream: About 0.4g carbs per tablespoon.
- Parmesan Cheese: Less than 1g per ¼ cup.
- Cajun Seasoning: Varies, but generally low in carbs. Check your brand!
The average carb content for this dish is impressively low, making it an excellent choice for anyone following a ketogenic diet.
A Culinary Masterpiece
Our Keto Cajun Surf and Turf is not just a meal; it’s a celebration of what’s possible on a keto diet. With its rich flavors, satisfying protein, and minimal carbs, it’s proof that you don’t have to sacrifice taste for health. Whether it’s a special occasion or just a weeknight dinner, this dish is sure to impress. Dive into the delicious world of keto cooking and let your culinary creativity shine!
Recipe and Image BY: @keto_rebel