Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges herbed coconut yogurt dip will satisfy all your deep-fried cravings with a super delicious and heathy alternative. They’re air fried until nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a cool and creamy dipping sauce that adds the perfect contrast to the other spicy seasonings. Get your air fryer basket ready for this delicious healthy recipe because it will be as much of a hit as these Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites!
Delicious Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
When it comes to healthy side dishes, sweet potatoes are at the top of my list. They are such a versatile vegetable that can be prepared many ways. I have used them to make this meal-in-one Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner and roasted them as a savory side like these Brussels Sprout Sweet Potato Hash, and both are simply amazing.
If you are a fan of sweet potatoes fries but hate the mess that deep frying makes, you’re going to love making these air fried wedges. They are seasoned with a homemade spicy blend, then air fried until they are fluffy and tender with the perfect amount of crispness. They are great served as a side with just about any main course, but they are easy enough to make when you’re just wanting a snack.
Why We Love this Recipe
- These crispy sweet potato wedges make a quick and delicious side dish that’s ready in just 25 minutes.
- Air fryer recipes take less time and a fraction of the oil used in deep frying.
- Cool and creamy dipping sauce with fresh herbs is the perfect companion to the spicy potato wedges.
- Sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- Ground cumin
- Curry powder
- Smoked paprika
- Cayenne pepper
- Ground cinnamon
- Coconut yogurt
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh dill
- Fresh parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Substitutions and Additions
- Crispy Sweet Potato Fries: You can easily make this a sweet potato fries recipe using these same ingredients but just cut the wedges into fry size slices. The cooking time will be reduced since they are smaller pieces. So, start checking doneness about 5 minutes sooner than you’d the cook wedges.
- Dipping Sauces: You can use any of your favorite dipping sauce recipes with these air fryer sweet potatoes. If you want a sweeter dip, you should try this Yogurt Fruit Dip! For something a little tangier, you can serve them with homemade ranch dressing or one of these healthy dipping sauces.
- Seasonings: Cayenne pepper gives the wedges a little bit of kick. If you’d like them milder, you can just omit it. You can also just a Cajun seasoning instead of the homemade seasoning in this recipe. Just check the label for any added sugars.
- Oven Roasted: If you don’t have an air fryer, no worries, you can oven roast them. Just season and cook the wedges in a preheated oven on 400 degrees F on a baking sheet with parchment paper until they are golden brown and crispy around the edges, around 30-35 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Air fryer
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowl
- Kitchen tongs
- Serving dish
How to Make the Best Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Prepare and Season the Sweet Potatoes: Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F. Cut Sweet potatoes into wedges. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the melted coconut oil and toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine the cumin, curry powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon. Sprinkle spice mixture over the sweet potato wedges and toss until all wedges are lightly coated.
- Air Fry the Seasoned Wedges: Arrange the sweet potato wedges in the air-fryer basket in single layer. For crispier wedges, do not overcrowd. Place in the basket of your air fryer and set the timer for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn the sweet potato wedges. Continue to cook an additional 5-10 minutes, until to desired crispiness.
- Make the Dipping Sauce: While the sweet potatoes are air frying, mix the coconut yogurt with the lemon juice, dill, and parsley in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Finish and Serve: Once browned, remove the sweet potato wedges from the air fryer basket and sprinkle generously with salt. Let cool slightly before serving with the herbed coconut yogurt dip. Enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a couple of days.
28 Day Carb Cycling Meal Plan: 1200-1500 Calories
Looking to get fit and healthy while still enjoying your favorite foods? Look no further than Fit Found Me’s carb cycling meal plan!
Our meal plan is designed to help you achieve your fitness goals by strategically cycling your carbohydrate intake, resulting in increased fat burning and energy levels. Plus, with our delicious and satisfying meals, you’ll never feel like you’re sacrificing taste for health.
Whether you’re a seasoned athlete or just starting your fitness journey, our meal plan is perfect for anyone looking to get in shape and feel great. With a wide variety of meals to choose from, you’ll never get bored and will always be on track towards your goals.
So why wait? Join the thousands of satisfied customers who have achieved their dream bodies with Fit Found Me’s carb cycling meal plan. Order now and start seeing results today!
See FULL description BELOW
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Cut Potato Wedges
Wash and dry the sweet potatoes really well, removing any dirt or debris. For this recipe we leave the skins on the potatoes because it makes them easier to air fry, plus the skins are nutritious.
Next, the best way to cut them is to place each large sweet potato on a cutting board and cut it in half lengthwise. Then place the cut side down and cut them in half again. You may have to do this again depending on how big the potatoes are.
Are Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes Healthy?
They sure are! Both regular potatoes, like russet potatoes, and sweet potatoes have a host of health benefits! Sweet potatoes are a rich source of beta carotene which your body converts to vitamin A. They are also a great source of fiber, vitamin C and potassium. These vitamins and nutrients are associated with many health benefits!
If you are curious about just how healthy incorporating sweet potatoes into your diet can be, check out this article on Healthline.com.
How Long Does it Take to Air Fry Sweet Potato Wedges?
The cooking time can vary depending on the brand and the size of your air fryer, If you have a small air fryer, you may have to cook these wedges in batches. For average size wedges, you should plan on cooking them for approximately 25-30 minutes.
Want More Side Dish Recipes?
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
- Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Cold Green Bean Salad
- Easy Roasted Asparagus
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges with Herbed Coconut Dip
- Air Fryer
- 2 lg sweet potatoes sliced into wedges
- 2 T coconut oil melted
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t smoked paprika
- ½ t cayenne pepper
- ½ t ground cinnamon
- 1 c coconut yogurt greek
- 2 t fresh lemon juice
- 3 T fresh dill minced
- 3 T fresh parsley minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Cut Sweet potatoes into wedges. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the melted coconut oil and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, curry powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over the sweet potato wedges and toss until all wedges are lightly coated.
- Arrange the sweet potato wedges in the air-fryer basket in single layer. For crispier wedges, do not overcrowd. Place in the basket of your air fryer and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn the sweet potato wedges. Continue to cook an additional 5-10 minutes, until to desired crispiness.
- While the sweet potatoes are air frying, mix the coconut yogurt with the lemon juice, dill, and parsley in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once browned, remove the sweet potato wedges from the air fryer basket and sprinkle generously with salt. Let cool slightly before serving with the herbed coconut yogurt dip. Enjoy!