This short but effective 15 min no equipment beginner cardio workout for women is a great way to burn calories and stay on track with your weight loss and fitness plan. Regardless of your exact fitness goals, it is important all women over 40 to be actively involved in cardio 3-4 times per week.
I remember some of my first few cardio workouts on my elliptical many years ago. It was sooooo hard!
Since then, I have found workouts off of equipment are more enjoyable because of the variety. The variety makes the time go by much faster.
Who knew I was so badly out of shape back then?? Staying on the elliptical for 1/2 of a mile was torture.
Now, looking back, I am so thankful I stuck with it and continued to build on my endurance. One day while I was at the barn I started to jog to get something about 100 yards away. I started jogging, not sure how far I could go, but I jogged the entire way!!! And really wasn’t out of breath!
For me, aside from the obvious health reasons, cardio and fitness health gives me self-esteem and sense of accomplishment I can’t get anywhere else.
If you’re a woman over 40, chances are you have spent the last 20 years serving other people, raising kids, and all of the sub-assignments we take on that support them. You’ve done a great job and now it’s time to refocus a little more on yourself, on your health.
Putting your health higher on the priority is easy when you have a 15 min cardio workout video that motivates you to keep going.
If you are just starting to exercise, this cardio workout is perfect to start with. The movements are simple enough to follow along easily, there are modifications if needed and it is only for 15 min!
When I first started to lose weight, my cardio was dancing with my teenage daughter to the Just Dance Wii game. Anything that gets your heart rate elevated will burn calories, however, if you can target specific muscles as you are exercising it is even better.
This is why this 15 min no equipment beginner cardio workout for women is a great way to start.
Cardio Workouts for Women’s Health
Aside from the benefit of cardio helping women over 40 to lose weight, cardio is necessary for good health.
- Strengthen your heart and blood vessels
- Improve the flow of oxygen throughout your body
- Lower your blood pressure and cholesterol
- Reduce your risk for heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, and some kinds of cancer (source)
Tips on Cardio for Women
- When you have more time and feel a little more conditioned, you will want to spend more time exercising. With the exception of some type of hobby cardio (like riding my horse), I generally don’t spend more than 40-45 min exercising.
- It is a good idea to do some type of cardio 4-5 days a week, making variations to exercises, intensity, and length.
- This 15 min no equipment beginner cardio workout for women is a great way to get started on your journey. It can be done in any small space in your home, without the need for a trip to the gym or finding space for a home gym.
- For the first couple of years of my fitness journey, I used the space in my bedroom to workout. A room devoted to workouts isn’t always needed.
- It can be easy to get caught up in the details of having everything perfect, but don’t let that stop or delay you in your weight loss efforts. Do what you can, when you can.
- The first few times of doing this 15 min cardio workout, you may have to take short breaks and perhaps even have to stop early. That’s ok, and really to be expected if you haven’t exercised in a very long time, or like me when I started, never before.
- Each time, try to push a little harder and do a little more. It’s okay to be out of breath (should still be able to talk, just not carry on a full conversation) but listen to your body, taking breaks when needed.
15 Min No Equipment Beginner Cardio Workout for Women
Give this Popsugar cardio workout for women a try. Remember, don’t worry if you can’t finish it the first time. It’s a great one to get started with and work into finishing before moving to another workout.