This spicy peach mango salsa uses all fresh ingredients and offers a nice blend of sweet and spicy flavors. It’s delicious when served as a side dish with Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps or served as a topping on your favorite grilled fish.
It also makes a fantastic snack when served with some sweet potato chips, corn chips or even traditional tortilla chips. You’ll definitely want to give this one a try!
Fresh Peach Mango Salsa
There are so many wonderful things to love about this recipe. It’s just one of those recipes that your taste buds can’t get enough of. Delicious fresh peaches, juicy mango, a bit of kick from the jalapeno pepper and subtle zest from lime juice sends the flavors of this fresh sweet and spicy salsa over the top.
Once you see how easy and delicious this homemade fresh salsa tastes, you’ll never want to buy it from the grocery store again.
Ingredients Needed for Spicy Mango Salsa
- 2 medium mangos, peeled and chopped small
- 1/2 cup peaches-peeled and chopped small
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped small
- ½ medium red onion, diced small
- ½ medium jalapeño pepper, finely minced
- 3 T. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
How to Make Peach Mango Spicy Salsa
Combine mango, peach, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and fresh lime juice in a medium glass or other non-reactive large bowl.
Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Serve immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Enjoy!
What Main Dish Goes with this Mango Peach Salsa Recipe?
Healthy eating has never tasted so good! One of my favorite ways to serve this salsa is with Spicy Black Bean Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps. The sweet and savory combination is so good.
Try it at with shrimp and fish tacos or chicken tacos or grilled pork tenderloin, these Sheet Pan Pork Chops, this Orange Glazed Salmon or you could serve it as a side dish with these Mexican Burritos with Red Rice. The possibilities are endless!
How to Store Peach-Mango Salsa
This recipe calls for two tablespoons lime juice. Not only does lime juice highlight the flavors in the juicy peaches, mango and fresh jalapenos, it also acts as a natual preservative, preventing the fruit from turning brown. You can keep this fresh salsa in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
Can I Make this Salsa in a Food Processor?
This salsa is best prepared when the fruit is chopped by hand. Unlike the salsa you make with fresh tomatoes, where you can serve it chunky or soupier, you’ll want to leave this mango peach salsa a little more on the chunky side.
Tips for How to Peel the Perfect Mango
Mango is a sweet fruit that is often times served with savory dishes because it holds up well when cooked. Diced ripe mango helps to tame the flavor of hot salsa recipes and provides a nice contrast in flavor. The contrast reminds me of this Mango Chicken Spring Rolls recipe.
Though this is a SUPER easy recipe to make, peeling a mango can prove to be a tad challenging if you aren’t familiar with how to do it. Following these few simple tips will ensure you get the hang of peeling mango on your very first try:
- Locate the stem: Each mango has a long seed that runs down the center of the fruit. The best way to avoid cutting into the seed is to position the stem facing upwards. Carefully slice off the two sides of the mango avoiding getting too close to the center where the seed is. Once you figure this part out, the rest is a breeze.
- Create a grid pattern: Using a sharp paring knife, cut a grid pattern into the flesh of each half of the mango being careful not to cut through the skin. Press the mango’s outwards so that the fruit’s individual cube shapes are sticking out.
- Scoop out the fruit: Take a spoon and scoop the fruit away from the mango skin.
- Dice up the rest: Carefully cut away the rest of the fruit from the skin and dice it up into similar size cubes.
Want More Healthy Side Dish Recipes?
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Spaghetti Squash-3 Ways
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
- Sweet Potato Brussel Sprout Hash
Spicy Peach Mango Salsa
- 2 medium mangos peeled and chopped small
- ½ cup peaches peeled and diced
- 1 medium red pepper chopped small
- ½ medium red onion diced small
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper finely minced
- 3 T fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine mango, peach, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and fresh lime juice in a medium glass or other non-reactive large bowl.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Serve immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.