Ready to turn your next gathering into a memorable, keto-friendly feast? Let me introduce you to a dish that’s sure to dazzle your taste buds and keep your carb count low: Big Mac Bites and Dip. This recipe transforms the iconic flavors of a Big Mac into a delightful, bite-sized appetizer perfect for any party, game day, or just a fun family dinner.
With the savory blend of hamburger and bacon, topped with cheese, pickles, and lettuce, all paired with a homemade, sugar-free dip, you’re about to discover why this dish is a hit for those following a ketogenic lifestyle. The best part? It captures the essence of a beloved fast-food classic while fitting perfectly within your keto diet parameters. Let’s dive into making these irresistible Big Mac Bites and how to serve them up for maximum enjoyment.
Big Mac Bites and Dip
This unique take on a classic burger condenses all the flavors you love into a single, satisfying mouthful.
- 1/2 lb hamburger
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- American or cheddar cheese
- 4-5 baby dill pickles
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp G Hughes sugar-free ketchup
- 1 tsp French’s yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp dill pickle relish
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the burger meat, bacon crumbles, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Press the mixture out to 1/2 inch thickness and use a circle cookie cutter to create small circle patties.
- Place the mini burgers on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Top each mini burger with cheese and return to the oven for another 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- While the burgers bake, mix all dip ingredients in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Cut pickles into coins and lettuce into small squares.
- Assemble your Big Mac Bites by piercing a pickle coin, then a lettuce square, and finally a mini burger onto a toothpick.
- Serve with the dip and enjoy!
Breakdown of Ingredients and Average Carb Content
Navigating the keto diet means keeping a close eye on carbs, and these Big Mac Bites make it easy. Here’s a quick overview of the carb content for the key ingredients:
- Hamburger: Minimal carbs, primarily from fillers or additives in some brands.
- Bacon: Generally carb-free, but always check packaging for added sugars.
- Cheese: Very low in carbs, usually less than 1g per slice.
- Lettuce & Pickles: Both are low-carb, with pickles averaging about 1g of carbs per medium-sized pickle.
- Dip Ingredients: The sugar-free ketchup and other ingredients are selected to minimize sugar intake, ensuring the dip remains low-carb.
Total carbs for the entire recipe will vary based on exact serving sizes and brands of ingredients used, but each bite is designed to be low-carb, fitting perfectly into a keto diet plan.
A Keto Delight: Big Flavor in Every Bite
These Big Mac Bites are more than just a party appetizer; they’re a testament to the versatility and creativity allowed within a keto diet. Whether you’re hosting a party, looking for a fun family meal, or simply craving a guilt-free version of a fast-food favorite, these bites deliver big on flavor without the carb overload. So, gather your ingredients, and let’s bring the iconic taste of a Big Mac into your kitchen, keto-style. It’s time to enjoy every bite without the bun!
Recipe and Image by: @lowkarbkhaleesi