Copycat Chipotle Beef Barbacoa
This Mexican beef is perfect for burritos, tacos, salads and even quesadillas you want to fix for a crowd or for meal prepping.
- 4 lbs Chuck roast cut into 2 in pieces
- ½ cup Beef broth
- 2 medium Chipotle chilies in adobo including sauce (canned)
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Oregano dried
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Ground cloves
- 2 whole Bay leaves
Combine all ingredients except bay leaves and beef into a food processor. Puree until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Place the beef chunks into crock pot. Pour the pureed mixture from the food processor over the beef.
Add the bay leaves into the crock pot.
Cook for 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. The beef should be fall apart tender when finished.
Remove the bay leaves.
Place the beef into a bowl. Shred using 2 forks.
Return to crock pot or add in juices from crock pot into bowl. Stir until combined.
Allow juice to be soaked up by beef, about 5 min and enjoy.
Some of the toppings we have had with this shredded beef have been:
- Roasted corn - found in the frozen section, my favorite is from Trader's Joes
- Black beans - canned
- Shredded cheese - typically a Mexican blend
- Salsa - I prefer a fresh salsa instead of canned
- Guacamole - simple to make with a few avocados and a dry mix envelope
- Sour cream
- Jalapeno peppers
Serving: 1cupCalories: 281kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 29gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 580mgPotassium: 524mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 166IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 4mg
Tag me on Facebook @fitfoundme with a pic and let me know what you thought of this recipe in the comments below!