Friday night pizza is a tradition this year at our house. Making homemade pizza in the Bread Machine is practically as easy as opening a box from the freezer, but it tastes so much better. In fact, this recipe tastes so good, my kids like it better than ordering out for pizza!
You know I am the queen of quick, healthy recipes and this pizza recipe will not disappoint.
Would you be surprised to know it takes about 5 min to get the bread machine started? How about the fact that it takes less than 30 minutes to get the pizza on the table to eat after the bread machine works its magic?
We love the flexibility of creating any pizza we want.
This homemade pizza recipe is perfect for giving you all the flexibility you need!
Favorite Toppings for Pizza
Hands down our favorite combination is an Italian ground turkey with red onions. Using a basic red pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese as desired. We will typically always make one of these along with a new variety.
You can get as creative as you’d like, or keep it as simple as just adding cheese!
Homemade Pizza Dough
- Bread machine
- 1¼ cup Water 300 mL
- 1½ Tbsp Olive Oil 20 g
- 3¾ cup All purpose flour 480 g
- 1½ tsp Sugar 17 g
- 1½ tsp salt 8.4 g
- 1½ tsp Active yeast 4.2 g
- Add ingredients in the bread machine in the order required by your machine. Typically it is wet ingredients first, with the yeast going into a well in the flour.
- Set the bread machine to the dough cycle.
- When dough is ready, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly flour a large surface area. Depending how large you want the pizzas, split dough as needed.
- Using your fists and hands, carefully stretch dough to desired shape and size.
- If using a baking sheet os similar for baking, go ahead and place stretched dough on it. (Be sure to lightly grease if necessary)
- Using a fork or similar utensil, poke holes all over and bake for 5 minutes at 450 degrees.
- If you are using a pizza stone, go ahead and poke holes in the dough and then, using a pizza peel slide the pizza dough onto the stone to bake for 5 min.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and add the sauce and toppings desired. Additionally, I like to lightly brush olive oil onto the edges of the crust and season with an Italian dry seasoning.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly browned.